Jun 12, 2019
Welcome to the Mortgage Marketing Radio podcast episode #124.
Today’s guest is Trevor Hammond an elite mortgage professional who
has created a dialogue driven relationship business with his
clients and referral partners that allows him the ability to work
when and how he wants while still serving his customer. He loves
getting one on one with clients and teaching them about money
management and how their finances affect their home buying
Maintaining relationships with your closed clients is the most
effective way to build long-term growth in your loan business. When
you treat your closed clients as if they are a book of business,
worthy of ongoing nurture and attention, they are more likely to
continue working with you and refer business to you.
Trevor shares his process for creating and maintaining long-term
customers from the very first discovery call conversation. He sets
the expectations for his clients that his services are available
over the course of their lives. He starts the conversation early
and continues to follow up over time to stay top of mind and retain
his clients’ business.
You won't want to miss this episode and all of the amazing
follow-up tips Trevor shares that have led his company to closing
75% of their loans through repeat customers. Start treating your
closed clients as if they are your customers for life and they will
become lifetime clients.
How to find Trevor:
Hammond on YouTube
What you will learn in this episode:
- Getting in front of the customer and discussing their finances
face to face is a key part of the lender/borrower
- Dial in and create sustainable and repeatable client onboarding
- Help your client make decisions that create wealth for their
family and they will continue to be your client over time.
- Treat your closed clients as if they were a book of business.
Continue to nurture them over time.
In This Episode:
- [00:56] - Welcome back to the show and shout out to Andrew C.
for leaving a review.
- [01:46] - Shout out to Michelle, Jill, Rob, Liz, and Rob! It
was great to hang out with you at the Mastermind Summit in
- [02:37] - This episode is brought to you by the Mortgage
Marketing Pro Membership!
- [05:22] - Welcome Trevor Hammond, an elite mortgage
- [06:24] - Geoff provides a quick teaser of Trevor’s business
programs, processes, and books.
- [08:21] - Trevor talks about his life and his new found love of
the business through personal development.
- [10:07] - Trevor shares the things that he loves to do that
make him the most money.
- [11:47] - How does the consumer react to face time with their
- [16:35] - Trevor shares his process for nurturing and
- [20:32] - Follow up is key - own it, be open to that, and
automate this process.
- [22:29] - Include your client’s kids in the moving process -
send them children’s books about moving.
- [23:03] - Trevor discusses the value of the Real Estate Report
Card in mortgage lending and for consumers.
- [25:27] - Use video to reinforce the buyer purchase decision
and sell yourself as an expert.
- [30:41] - We’ve got to be more intentional in architecting the
client experience process.
- [33:41] - When you move the customer away from the rate talk
and into the core value discussion, you’re more likely to
- [35:20] - Trevor explains the post-close process he uses with
his customers and real estate agents to create repeat clients and
- [41:24] - Learn how to let clients know that your relationship
is not over after they close.
- [42:20] - Trevor shares his post-close touch points for client
retention and engagement.
- [46:44] - Record an evergreen welcome video to automate one of
the touch points.
- [48:44] - Trevor and Geoff dig into Trevor’s book and the
impact it has had on his business.
- [51:54] - Geoff shares his goals for the conversation and
Trevor shares how you can reach him.
Links and Resources:
Ready to grow your business in the new year? Check out the new
membership which helps you get more Agent referrals,
convert more clients and build your online presence.
Want more free content to help you succeed? Join
our Facebook Group Here
Finally, you can subscribe
on iTunes or Stitcher to
get all new episodes when they are released.